Wednesday, June 14, 2006

carpe diem

It only happens to me every once and a while but when it does, I become changed. About a week ago, I was sitting at my desk and had a total revelatory moment. Why have I allowed myself to wallow in something that I have the power to change? It was very Dead Poet's Society, sitting there having the desire to stand up on top of my desk and scream SEIZE THE DAY!

The basic epiphany boiled down to this: There's no reason to be unhappy if you don't have to be. With that simple thought, I made a decision that, while not easy, was right and true and honest. I'm still in the middle of figuring out the logistics of how to bring change into my life, but at least I know that where I'm going is a place of passion.

So, for all your artists out there, or anyone who feels trapped for that matter, I charge you to make a change. God has his hand in all of this so who are we to worry about what is to come? He knows our hearts more intimately than we do and He will protect us if we seek Him first and answer to our calling - whatever that may be.

I created this blog in order to make a public declaration that I am committed to following my true passions and loves, doing everything in love and trusting God's plan for me.

If you're worried that every post will be this heavy and deep, don't. I just had to get that out there. This is a place where, as my heading states, I will discuss all things artsy - from movies, to tv, to photography, to books and mags (yes, even Us Weekly). It's a commentary on creation in all forms.

3 comments:

Anton Seim said...

Carpe MFing Diem! Let's do something BIG, I don't even care what. Good for you! I'm so fired up right now it's outrageous.

xoxo said...

Don't you love Lucas's sunday school response, and then Anton's irreverent one.
"Carpe MFing Deim- Aton Seim.
haha

Martha Elaine Belden said...

I miss you, Emily! And good for you... I've had a recent similar revelation and have resolved to really pursue so many of those dreams I typically only talk about. And I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for me if I only let Him use me as He sees fit... and I think the same for you.

I can't even begin to imagine the incredible things you'll accomplish, and I'm totally going to shout from the rooftops... I KNEW HER WHEN...